Exam Date: Monday, 29 April 2013
Venue: Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) Student Center, Education City, Gate 3, Doha-Qatar
(Click Here to view the Route Map)
Starting Date of Applications: Tuesday, 1 January 2013
Closing Date: Friday, 15 February 2013
Who is Eligible to apply?
How to Register for IFOM-CSE??
- Final year medical students (with proof from medical school)
- Medical graduates who intend to apply for HMC Internship or Residency programs in Doha-Qatar
Registration will be done online from this year on NBME website:
Candidates who will fail to register on or before the deadline cannot apply through the Medical Education Department.
The IFOM CSE will be delivered as a paper and pencil exam.
For detailed information on applying, scheduling and testing, please see our Candidate Brochure at www.nbme.org/PDF/IFOM/CandidateBrochure.pdfWhat is IFOM-CSE?
- IFOM-CSE is an acceptable alternative to USMLE Step 2 CK for international medical students and graduates applying for HMC Internship/Residency programs in Doha - Qatar.
- Test materials are derived from secure NBME item banks and from international test material development workshops. The IFOM CSE consists of 160 multiple choice questions (MCQs) similar in format to those used in other NBME programs. Laboratory results are given in international measurement units, and locally specific test items have been eliminated.
- The content for Clinical Science Examination covers the international core of clinical knowledge expected of students in the final year of undergraduate medical education in:
4. Obstetrics and Gynecology